Remote Area Nurses
Remote Area Nursing offers a unique experience and fantastic incentives such as higher hourly rates and on call rates. You will be able to work autonomously away from hospitals while enjoying a relaxed, nature filled lifestyle. Other benefits include free or subsidised travel and accommodation. Remote Area Nursing offers a rewarding experience for those wanting to expand their career experience.
Remote Area Nurse Duties:
- Work independently
- Work as part of a small team but consult and support one another by phone or telehealth facilities
- Have an understanding of Indigenous Health issues and cultural sensitivities.
- Refer patients to parent hospitals
- Wait with patients who may need to be transported by air
- Roles available within ED, General Medical, Surgical, HDU and Paediatrics
- Knowledge in chronic disease.
- Experience with mental health.
- Experience in Primary Health Care.
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety.
- Experience with Royal Flying Doctors.
- Broad knowledge of men and women’s health.
- Good communication skills.
- Relevant nursing qualification.
- Broad skillset to help people of all ages.
- Willingness to continue learning to maintain competence and enhance knowledge and skills to provide effective, relevant care.
- Live and work in a rural area
- Be prepared to deal with a range of medical emergencies
- Remain on call to the community 24/7