- Registered Nurse for Corrections Nursing!
- Contracts on offer are for 3 months with the possibility of an extension
- Accommodation or accommodation allowance included!
- Hervey Bay is a short drive away for days off on the beach!
We are currently recruiting Registered Nurses to work in correctional facilities across Queensland – Current contracts in Maryborough (located 25 mins from Hervey Bay)
Join a team of health professionals providing primary and emergency healthcare to patients in custodial care. Correctional health nurses care for a relatively stable population, allowing regular contact with patients over their period of incarceration to address chronic conditions or other priority health issues.
Correctional settings include emergency care, coordinating and delivering nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, coordinating care, conducting health assessments, alcohol, and drug treatment programs, providing immunisations and chronic disease management.
One of the most important relationships is between the nursing team and the correctional officers. The two professions must work closely with each other to ensure emergency situations are managed and the health and safety of health professionals are always assured.
Please apply if you have experience in:
- Corrections nursing
- Emergency Nursing (Emergency Department)
- Rural Nursing
- Army medic
- Mining Nursing
- Must be able to detect deteriorating patients, manage and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to comprehensively assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Ability to work confidently, autonomously, and within a team environment.
- Must have non-restricted AHPRA registration
- Must be a Registered Nurse (EN’s not accepted for this role)
- Must have Right to Work.
- Must have current referees (within 3 years)
- Must have full availability for the term of the contract.
- Must have availability for roster up to 72 hours p/f.
- Above all must be a great team player!
Reap the Rewards!
Not only is this a great and exciting opportunity you will also get:
- Free accommodation
- Free food
- Free travel initially if traveling from interstate to take up the contract.
- Potential of consecutive rostered days which give you the chance to travel home on your days off.
- All contracts have the possibility of extension.
- Agency Pay
- There is room in our beautiful houses for couples (Partners / Married) to share if you are 2 nurses that both apply and successfully each gain a contract.
Please note Supreme Nursing follows COVID-19 rules and regulations so if traveling from any Hotspot during lockdown period you will be required to quarantine at your own expense. In line with Government industry mandates all staff must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated
We are looking for you so please apply online or for any further information contact Louisa on 07 3541 5913 or email email@example.com referencing Corrections Nursing.